Saturday, April 25, 2015

Kids Skate Free

Share it Please
I subscribe to this little freebie message center, which usually sends me a lot of information about junk I could get for free. Actual junk, like free magnets, samples of stuff I would never use and free issues of magazines I would never subscribe to. I have received a few cool things for nothing though. I got a completely free one year subscription to Martha Stewart Living, for example, which is totally up my ally. And just today came the best one yet:

Kids Skate Free

 What? That seemed too good to be true. I never take my kids skating because it's not something I can afford to do with all four of them. But I clicked through, and it really seems legit. It's a national program designed to encourage kids to get out and move, vs. sitting in front of the computer or TV all day (or Kindle, which is my kids' problem).

So I thought, "No way is there going to be a participating rink near me." But there was! I signed up to get passes for Roller King in Roseville, which is only about an hour's drive from here.

Now, you do still have to pay to rent the skates, but the cost is just $3 per child. And the days and times you can go are limited. For Roller King, you can only go on Tuesday or Sunday in the later afternoon, Friday in the early afternoon or Saturday night.  But during the summer, I can make pretty much any of those times work, so I'm happy. Any low cost fun activity I can get my kids involved in helps my bottom line and their health and happiness.

Here's how it works: visit the Kids Skate Free website and click on "Locations." Scroll down until you find one near you, then register at that rink. Every Sunday you'll be emailed a new set of passes, good for any time that week. You don't have to use them ... if you can't go that week just wait for next week's passes. Sweet!

I'll update this entry to let you know how it goes, but I don't have any suspicions at this point. Sometimes when it seems too good to be true, it really is true. So fingers crossed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers